How to register?
- Go to the local council & get a RFA 2 form.
- Fill out the form.
- Go to the local Garda Station with the form filled out & picture id, passport or driving license, the Garda on duty will stamp & witness the application.
- Return to the form to the local council.
How to cast your vote?
- A Election polling sheet will be sent to your residence several days before an election.
- Go to the assigned polling station with picture id & hand over the polling sheet with your id.
- A ballot sheet will be given to you, take this ballot sheet to the assigned enclosed area to cast your vote.
- Place your vote into the ballot box.
It is important to note that Ireland uses a Proportional Representation voting system, where you vote by placing a number beside the candidate, starting from 1 & continuing up. Also if you mark the ballot sheet in another way other, your vote is “spoilt” & will not be counted.